| Salmon wrapped in a pastry dough sweater topped with a creamy green onion and dill sauce. In the background is the last of our lettuce. |
Today certainly felt like fall in our neighborhood. It was windy like any normal day here, but in these particular gusts of wind was frozen water. I have been in a lot of different environments but have not witnessed snow blow in like that. During class, one of the kids said, "hey look the fog is coming in." It was not fog. It looked like clouds billowing over the land with tiny balls of sleet in it. I guess when the gusts come up over the open ocean like that it changes the appearance of blowing snow. Very different from seeing snow fall come in on a blustery day in the plains. Then again mountain snow is pretty intense too; heavy and wet, and year round. I'll be curious to see what island winter weather entails.
No comments:
Post a Comment