There were two highlights in my day despite the downer shadow shading my every move. You see, each day has a highlight. Even the days that are not so great, I find something to celebrate. Granted, a mini happy dance or an arm pump, followed by a leg kick and a loud victory noise may sound off, but life can be rough and little "bonuses" make life worthwhile. Keep your eyes peeled for them and be certain to acknowledge the little things.
Highlight number one. I was standing in the hallway policing the kids as they had just returned from gym class, when I was approached by a child. This kiddo ran his arms down my stomach and then stopped, looked up and with a serious tone in his voice said, "is there a baby in there?" Swiftly, I responded with a, "Nope, I'm just a little chubby in that area." The reply was, "Ohhhh," as if in deep thought. And, yes, there was another adult standing there that died laughing. I wasn't too phased by this as this is not the first time a child has been inquisitive about something that most adult's filters prevent them from asking others.
Lastly, our sacred shipment of produce came in today. This is a HUGE deal. Produce around here is so blasted expensive that a few locals order from an organic farm in Washington for a cheaper and fresher option compared to what we can get at the store locally. Today we are trying it out for the first time.
The options are to order a 1/2 or full order, once a week, or every two weeks. We opted for the half order, every two weeks. I was a little hesitant to order at first due to the label of "organic" and also because of the price. I have nothing against organic, it is just that if given a choice between organic and it's non-organic cousin, I choose the latter. Just because.
The pick-up point is at the clinic. Why there? This island has many things that are mysteries, this is one of them.
| Full Circle Farms produce box. |
| If you could have felt the bliss that I felt when I opened it up. Produce! Fruits & Veggies! The textures! The colors! |
No comments:
Post a Comment