Sunday, October 10, 2010
Fall grocery trip
Take a gander at how much we paid for the items that you seen pictured above. I know that I have made mention of this before but after hearing, "80 bucks for one bag of groceries." from a man in the lane next to us, I had to share. His was much more and he had only a few more items.
While the clerk was ringing everything up, I was fanaticizing about how I would lose control if given the chance to shop at any fill-in-the-blank discount store. That was until the man's voice brought me back.
We did make some spendy choices, so I should not gripe about the total too much. Ice cream and candy bars for example are not nutritionally necessary, but shoot, we're on an island. The rest of it will be used to make homemade mac n'cheese, pastry wrapped fish, a cherry coffee cake for a breakfast change this week, and many other things.
We hope everyone's weekends went well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment