We went to another beach today. Well, we spent the first half of the day in the school. It seems to be the hang out place for a lot of the teachers and there isn't really any other place to go here on island. Sometimes it is only us but the majority of the time there are others. I have sneaking suspicion that some of the visitors are not there to prepare but instead are using the internet as it is the fastest on the island at the school.
While there, I bumped into a colleague, and she had mentioned something about collecting rocks at the beach but said with a sigh, "If the weather ever clears up." Well we ended up going, weather smeather. The rain turned out to be intermittent and the beach was guarded from the strong winds so it worked out alright, though I am still recovering from the cold damp ache that my body can't seem to shake.
We saw rainbows, seals, all kinds of cool rocks including some really great volcanic ones, and neat sea life that washed ashore. The seals were sneaky and very camera shy; but what neat creatures they are. I would love to just pet one hard, so he could feel it. That is if they weren't such vicious little guys.
![]() |
| Natural with the unnatural. A beached floating buoy. In the background Nate is combing the beach so that he can begin his AK rock collection. |

No comments:
Post a Comment