Sunday, December 12, 2010

Playing with sticks

My hand soap in the kitchen was melting away and we just received a care package with bars of goat's milk soap.  What to do?  Neat wooden soap holders online have only proven to be too expensive and clunky for my taste...

So I turned to the pile of alder sticks that I had sitting in my classroom and crafted two soap holders from branches and hot glue.

Problem solved.
No more will my lavender soap have a wet underside.

It actually looks kind of elegant posed on the soap saving branches..


3 comments:

  1. You are so AWESOME at using what you have to make what you need!! And to top it off it looks cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was actually supposed to be doing work but crafted instead. I always think of ideas when there is other work to be done.

    An update on soap holder with the red background. The kids all loved the soap and the sticks kept the bar dry between uses without getting nasty. The kids glowed when I told them that fragrance was called love. Thanks mom-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Update. The soap dish that I placed in the kitchen did not hold up. I ended up throwing it away tonight. The one at the school is still functional.

    ReplyDelete