Seasonal Affective Disorder. Believe in it or not, but for me, if I don't do something this time of year I become Mary McNegative Pants. To help stave off winter gloominess, I started going to the gym this week. The main reason for doing so is to keep my mind busy. I'd much rather be outdoors but the winds here are pretty insane. Just the other morning, on our walk to school, the wind was blowing from behind so hard that with each step I was slightly running forward. It was rather frightening since the ground has a lot of sharp volcanic rocks in many ankle twisting spots.
Back to the gym... The best thing about our fitness facility is that we can use it any time of day or night. Unfortunately, the same is not true with the school swimming pool. There is open swimming offered each night and water aerobics Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but the hours don't fit in with my needs. Despite the pool hour restrictions, we still have a nice gym here considering the island's isolation. I say this because getting large items here is costly and it must be put on a barge in Seattle. The whole process is a lot of work and I am grateful for the people that put up with it to get all the equipment pictured below.
 |
| From the front of the gym looking back. |
 |
| From the back of the gym looking forward. |
Holy Cow!! Thats a good sized gym!! SAD- Maybe thats what my prob is! :) Too many cookies is also my problem!
ReplyDelete