I'm going to let my ignorance shine here but I was in one of those weird life situations just moments ago. I went to go refuel and had to wait for a large construction truck to fuel-up and then move out of the way so he could back all the way out. As I was waiting, I noticed a boat come out of the harbor and head towards the fuel dock. Then something occurred to me, boats need to have some type of fuel to operate, hmm, maybe he's going to refuel too.
Then, I thought, whom gets to refuel first? I was next in line, yet the large boat got there while the construction man was backing up. Next, I pondered what to do, if I pull up, will I block him from getting fuel?
So I got out of my car and walked in to talk to the station attendant. The answer was, "there are two pumps besides this one here, there is one out front (of the dock) and around the side for boats... But there is only one me so I can only help one person at a time, so bring your car forward if you want to get gas."
Oh. So now I know. Here, road vehicles and water vessels get fuel at the same place and sometimes at the same time. It is just not one of those things that one things about until it happens.
I refrained from taking a picture since I was eye-to-eye with the boat operator and his son in the boat's cabin, while on the dock. The dock is high enough where only the top portion of the boat was visible. It was neat to say the least though. I couldn't help but laugh when the man let the child say something over the loudspeaker. Too cute!
Remember the three vehicle limit I mentioned in the, refueling above cold saltwater post? When I pulled off to exit the dock, there was a 4-wheeler, and three very large trucks on there with me. Exceeding the limit? Perhaps. I mean, they have warnings for a reason, right? I swear I heard an audible creak sound when I went past the last vehicle.
No comments:
Post a Comment