Thursday, December 16, 2010

Handmade Christmas with the Kids

Time to make ornaments.  Don't get me wrong, I love arts and crafts but squeezing it into an already tight class schedule can be tough.  Somehow I managed.  Between the kids being pulled out for the Christmas music program and the holiday formalities that took place, it has been a unique week.
Snowman with scarf and Santa ornaments.  We made these out of cinnamon sticks.  The kids and I had such a great time.  We listened to Christmas music and sang while painting. 
Penguin ornaments.  I found this idea on another blog, though I changed it and put holes for faces and put little yellow triangles for the noses.  The concept for the design actually came from a popular import store that I'm sure some of you been in before.  Unlike the original, ours are made of paper instead of glass.
Another penguin.  The kids versions had a lot more sparkle to them.  Well, all of the kids except for the one boy that was here this week.  He informed me that boys don't use glitter. 

Kid creations.  Close up, these are so cute and sparkly.  Since the image is so small, you can't really see the triangle noses, but take my word, they are adorable.  I laminated them and plan to punch a hole then attach string so they can be put on trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment