This is what it looks like where we live. This is a picture taken from a helicopter by an island resident. Seeing this picture today put the island in a different perspective for me. I have not looked at this place from above before. When we flew in it was too foggy to see anything. I was really surpised at how the cliffs in the foreground look. From the ground, we see them and look downwards or upwards. It feels like I am looking at this place for the first time.
On the top left is the airport. Down a little from there is the harbor. In the center is the school. Our apartment is the building next to the beige cylindrical water tower adjacent to the school.
There is one road below that loops around to the houses and then heads downtown to the harbor. Another road goes left towards the dump, and the third road goes to the airport. That is it.
If the camera person would have zoomed out, water would have been visible on the bottom and mountains would stand out surrounding this chunk of land.

WHAT A NEAT PICTURE!!!
ReplyDelete