Friday, January 28, 2011

Clinic Visit

Well, I tested out the clinic services today.  At the start of the school year, all staff members had to have a mandatory health check, so this was not the first visit.  Prior to moving here, not knowing what kind of quality of care one could get or even if there was a place to go to the doctor presented us with a little anxiety.

So how is it?  Relief sigh...  Good.  The staff was professional and friendly and the environment pleasant too.  While sitting in the waiting room I couldn't help but notice the breathtaking view.  Out the window was a small pond in the mid ground and further back, ocean dividing our island from another.  In the background was snow covered mountains that strongly contrasted our soggy snowless landscape.

As I made made my way around the clinic, I began to realize that I'm beginning to know a lot of the people here.  In fact as I chatted my way around, I spoke with parents, and a lot of community members as if I have been here a long time.  The warm reception is nice.

I even was able to snag, with permission of course, a baby spider plant that was dangling down from a very attractive green and white ribboned plant in the waiting room.  I can't wait to get that into my classroom.

I like it here.


By the way, how does one get prescription medication out here?  Well, the Rx gets called into to the patient's place of choice in Anchorage and then the patient calls up and gives the details to the pharmacy.  Then in less than a week, bamo!  The prescription arrives in the mail.  Not a hassle at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment