Saturday, January 22, 2011

Productive Saturday

Our district just changed over to a new math curriculum.  The boxes arrived last Friday and made their way to my room on Tuesday.  I heart new things, especially ones that I can use in the classroom.

So on this gentle breeze Saturday, I made my way over to the school and began to yank things off the walls, and move furniture around.  The materials could not have came at a better time.  In the beginning of the school year, I arranged the room as best as I could, not really knowing the key setup.  This week I bumped into something for the last time and thought, that is it! This weekend, this place will have a more useful flow.

What does this have to do with just out of the box math stuff?  Well, with the math kit came with a series of wall posters that occupy an enormous amount of wall space.  In order to accommodate the materials and place them in the most usable position, I also had to rearrange the room. 

My desk instead of facing the door is now in the corner next to the door facing the room and wall of windows.  

I did not take pictures of the room.  Instead, I put photos of an Alaskan style last minute dinner solution. 
Leftover Crab.  "What are we going to do with the crab leftovers,"  I asked Nate earlier this evening.  This is not a phrase one usually yells while standing over crab meat.  At least for me, it is not something I envisioned myself saying less than a year ago.  An interesting side note on the crab... This massive amount of meat was produced by only three crab legs.
Crab cakes.  This was my first time making them.  I did not have the recommended bread crumbs for the outside, but without them, the patties still turned out pretty stunning.  The taste and texture, a 5 out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment