Well, we ate fresh clams tonight. A colleague stopped by and gave us a few to try out.
We steamed the clams and then put the meat on rice with a curry sauce. How were they? Eh. I think we need to work on the cooking technique a little more before we have dinner guests over.
Hi! This is Meghan (from the ATP site). We went clamming on our first day of school as a field trip with the school! It was so much fun. Our clams were black though, and I really didn't like them...
Hello Meghan. We'll give it a few more tries before we give up. I hear they are great with a little cooking wine and butter. Some ingredients are hard to come by on short notice though.
Next time we'll try dipping 'em in butter then frying. Someone from work said they go clamming all the time and that is the way to make them.
Clamming was so much fun! When we went the mud was especially mucky though....we sank down to our calves! Every step I thought I might not make it back out! It was a great experience though. I have pictures on my blog back in August if you want to look!
Hi! This is Meghan (from the ATP site). We went clamming on our first day of school as a field trip with the school! It was so much fun. Our clams were black though, and I really didn't like them...
ReplyDeleteHello Meghan. We'll give it a few more tries before we give up. I hear they are great with a little cooking wine and butter. Some ingredients are hard to come by on short notice though.
ReplyDeleteNext time we'll try dipping 'em in butter then frying. Someone from work said they go clamming all the time and that is the way to make them.
I can't wait to go clamming myself.
Clamming was so much fun! When we went the mud was especially mucky though....we sank down to our calves! Every step I thought I might not make it back out! It was a great experience though. I have pictures on my blog back in August if you want to look!
ReplyDelete