I chatted my way around and ended up staying for a long time. I had a good conversation with a fisherman on his way to Akutan looking for someone to help him fish. He was recovering from a night out on the town. And then it came. "for being on an island, I am surprised that I have not seen you, especially since you are a teacher." Oh, that. You, see over the winter I became a bit of a shut-in and well, couple a first year teacher's lifestyle, certification tests, and a required college course and you get, well, me.
I plan to attend more functions next year, but shied away mostly due to the fact that most things were for kids. Not having children makes attending kid centered functions weird.
As for the coffee shop, it is a good thing.
![]() |
| 16 oz disposable coffee cup. Even though we live off the road system, the ocean provides a highway for goods to come in year round. |

Love the photo...cool perspective!
ReplyDelete