Saturday, May 7, 2011

Marriage Commissioner for a day

I married someone today.  Not in the sense that I am now married to someone, but I was a marriage commissioner for another couple.  In Alaska, if you want to be married outside of a church, you may choose any person you like to be the officiant.  The way it works is the couple sends in their information and driver's licenses of all involved parties including current addresses to the appropriate office, it gets finalized and papers go out to the participants.  A few weeks later, the marriage commissioner receives a piece of paper in the mail with the date of the wedding and the husband and wife too receive forms to be filled out on the big day.  Then the ceremony details are up to bride and groom to be.

Overall the day turned out to be pretty warm in the 40's with a very subtle breeze.  A perfect day for an Alaska beach wedding.  I said my part, they said theirs, and with a kiss and a little champagne afterward, it all came together. 
Marriage Commissioner documents

Me standing in the ocean.  (This was pre-ceremony on a beach further down the coast--we couldn't resist a chance to go beach combing).  My head is cut off because I put the camera on a tripod, set the camera on a timer and misjudged the angle.  Still a cool shot though.  I am sporting my new skirt and cardigan that I bought via the internet this week.  Free shipping--it was sent out Monday and arrived here on Saturday.  Go PenAir!

No comments:

Post a Comment