Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday

I woke up feeling cranky today.  I managed to pull myself together and rather than bottle it up, I chatted with our librarian while the kids were at art and felt better.  After lunch, I joined the kids outside and sat on the slide and talked a little more.  It was such a nice day, plus nature always grounds me.

Later in the evening, around 7:00 pm, there was a knock on the door from a neighbor asking about where to find neat creatures at the beach (as mentioned in the previous post).  At first I explained where to go and then realized that it was too beautiful of an evening to be stuck inside.  Why explain when showing is so much more fun?  School night schmool night.  We left with the sun still high in the sky.  We came back around 10:00 pm and caught the sun setting behind the mountains.

We are so lucky to be in such a special place.  Check out the photos below.  We had an encounter with a wild animal while there...
Road to nowhere.  Actually, it leads to a stinky waste treatment area that has a small spot to safely leave a vehicle while beach combing.

Seaweed on rocks.  Nature's art.

Small mammal.  I don't know what this is.  It looks like a mink or a ferret.  At first he did not react to us since the sun was shining in his eyes.  So I moved closer to get some better shots.  He did not like this and fake charged us three to four times-yes repeatedly charged.  I was aware that he wasn't happy with us near him but did not think it would actually come towards us.  Well, he did and he came close and kept doing so until we went away.  He was not kidding.

The shiny stuff on the rocks was seaweed.  The tide was partially out.  The green made a nice sheen but was extremely deadly to walk on.  I almost took a swim when taking a step down on a rock draped with it. 

The water was so calm that it looked like glass.

Boat with mountains in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment