Monday, May 30, 2011

Rainy day pizza

Since we are leaving we haven't stocked up on basic groceries for a while.  Eating has been artistic out of necessity.  What to make with little ingredients?  Well, we managed to whip up some good eats despite the pantry stocked with the ubiquitous boxed goods.  True, boxed food is easy but it tastes like disappointment.  Thanks to having a mother that always made from scratch and continues to do so, my craving for good food is at a snooty level. 

What we had on hand was a small square of mozzarella, a dwindling log of colby jack cheese, canned jalapenos, an onion, pizza sauce, and a man package of those pepperoni sausage bites that guys always seem to like.

Anyways the crust came together using the dough cycle of the bread machine, and the oven did the rest.  It hit the spot.  I can proudly say that we have not purchased a frozen pizza since we have left the lower 48.  Yay homemade.  Thank goodness that cheese can be frozen, without it I would be less of a person--both figuratively and in physique.

Homemade pizza.

Pizza.  The little figure on the top of the stove is a clay puffin.  I made him during family science night.  Back to the pizza.  It was tasty.  We used the pizza crust I recipe from all recipes dot com (though we altered the basic recipe by adding minced garlic, Italian seasoning, dried onion and a half cup of wheat flour)

No comments:

Post a Comment