I went with a colleague to one of the beaches yesterday. It was too nice of a day not to go out and enjoy the outdoors. The odd thing was that as soon as we got out of the vehicle, we met up with one of the beading ladies that we had met last Saturday. It came as such a surprise due to the of time of day we chose to go.
Here are a few views from the afternoon. They refer to it as Sand dollar beach but since the tide was in, we were unable to collect Sand dollars. I did get some interesting pictures of the small details of the beach. Nate did not go otherwise his photos would show "the bigger picture". We mirror how we are in every day life even in our photo taking.
Oh, before I forget... I found many pieces of petrified wood along the shore too.
 |
| Dead starfish. Pretty to look at, too stinky to enjoy up close. |
 |
| Beached jellyfish. When I kicked him in the water the gel pile turned into a three dimensional orb. |
 |
| This spongy moss grew on a colossal rock wall face that had a constant trickle of fresh water seeping out of the cracks. Though this part looks green and pretty, the portion about a foot lower on the wall had a purplish stinky sludge. |
 |
| Tiny crab. Maybe 2"x 1" long. dead. |
 |
| View from shore on our island looking out. Those peaks are on mainland Alaska. To the right there are other islands between us and there. |
No comments:
Post a Comment