Thursday, September 23, 2010

First day of

Happy Fall.  The days are going to start getting shorter.  I am curious to see what that means for us living here.

You get money if you live there, you know.  We've been told that many times... I asked around and never really could pinpoint what that meant until the other day.  Check out this snippet from the paper.  One must put in two years before reaping the benefits.  The screen shot is pretty small, but it gives an idea of what "dividend" means around here.  This year it is 1,281.  The high was just over two grand the smallest three hundred.
Powell, K. (2010, September 22). Pfd /by the #'s. Anchorage Daily News, p. B-1.

Sorry about jumping around this morning.  Fall is a big deal and so are the shortening of the days...  Then again, so is the PFD as pictured above.  Just too Alaska not to share.

Gotta go, time to pack a lunch and jet out the door.  Hope you all are well today.

1 comment:

  1. Gina, my life gets busy so I often only get to read your blog about once every couple weeks, then I read all the entries since the last time I was on your site. What a treat! I totally agree with Brandi's comment on Sept. 18 -- you could write a book. You're a fantastic writer, and your photography just keeps getting better and better. Your first photo on your Sept. 12 entry was stunning. The colors in the picture were so saturated and your framing of the distant island/cloud/sky in the arms of the land was perfect. Your breaded-halibut-&-jasmine-rice shot of Sept. 9 was equally good. I've actually started a "Gina & Nate" picture folder on my computer so I can archive my favorites of your photos. As to your writing, one of my favorite sections of this batch of entries (from Sept. 9 - 23) was the first paragraph of your Sept. 18 blog. From the half year I spent backpacking around S.E. Asia plus my many other travels thru the years, I know the truth of your statement that being in odd places or situations turns strangers into brothers. Well said! Reading your blog is a treat I look forward to!

    ReplyDelete