Sunday, March 6, 2011

Harbor in the a.m.

A variety of birds wait hungrily for scraps at the harbor.  Notice America perched in the middle left of the photo, most of the eagles were on higher structures.

Our gas station.  Cars and boats alike use this for fuel.  See my Refueling above very cold saltwater, under the December archive for my first experience with it.  Also under December, my Boat versus Subaru post, describes the time I first learned that boats too refueled at the same place.
Standing on the dock with the Trident Seafoods Cannery behind me.  Two boats are offloading their catch as America stands watch, visible in the middle left of the photo.

Looking out from the Trident Store.
The Trident General Store.  (this image was taken in the fall)  Here one can buy snacks, parts for boats, fishing gear (knives, rubber boots, gloves, those giant white shovels you see people scooping fish up with) maps, and basic cleaning supplies.  And one can even rent videos here.  It doesn't boast anything too fancy, but is really neat to check out, plus the view from the second story windows inside is great, while looking out we've spotted sea otters, eagles, and other wildlife.  The whole building is quite an experience to walk around in, there is no mistaking where you are at as the smell of fish is present throughout.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Feeling kinda bad cause I don't write comments often but I want you to know I check your blog almost everyday to see whats new in your neighborhood!! I just love seeing all the awesome pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. Thanks for the compliment. Our life is pretty uneventful lately, so not much to write about.

    I feel like the main character in the book Scaredy Squirrel lately. Wake up, eat, check out the view... If you have not read it, check it out and read it to your girls. It is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete