Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting closer

It is crunch time in our neck of the woods.  Yesterday and today we have been working in our rooms setting them up.  Sounds easy enough.  When I got home yesterday I felt as if someone hijacked my body and then crashed it into some tree right next to bear country.

For whatever reason, the last few days before any deadline always bring the feeling of "oh jeez, here it comes-GO!"  We have not been slacking, but the yank of the soon-to-be is setting in.

Nate has been in that room of his for about three weeks now.  Off and on he gets pulled in the direction of tech stuff, so he has been juggling multiple things.  If it wasn't for the computer system locking up yesterday, I'm afraid he wouldn't have even had a chance to get into his own room yet.

That is it for now.  Our marathon has begun.  The rest of the week we will be in meetings and finishing up our rooms, schedules, and planning.  Ready or not, school begins next Monday.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we are going to be awesome.  

Leisure time?  Well, no.  This was the view I observed through an open door during a meeting.  The temperature in said room was stifling.  I became drowsy and in an effort to combat sleepy Sally-ness, I drew.  Probably not the best choice for a meeting like this, considering the newbie thing...  Yet, the vision of me face planting into the floor from the combination of  drowsiness and sitting in a balmy room inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment