Friday, August 20, 2010

"Here's a little something to give you a taste" the man said as he shoved the cool bag towards Nate

I went into my classroom again today.  The first time I walked in, I promptly executed an about face and walked out.  The carpets were recently shampooed and the contents of my room and the surrounding rooms had all been crammed into my room.  This time it was only stuff from my room and the room next door--I did not know this and felt a brief wave of anxiety, considering school is soon to start.  So I went home for a bit and later made a run to the post office and a quick stop by the store for soup ingredients.  My second attempt to enter my room was done so on a positive note; sometimes it takes walking away from the offending element to ground oneself.  This time though, I made much progress and in the process met two more teachers.  As it turns out I am not alone in this :-)

A side note on the classrooms...  Technically, we are not supposed to begin working on them until next week, I just wanted to get a head start.  It never hurts to try right?
Hearty Halibut Chowder
For dinner tonight we ate Nate's payment for assisting a colleague with a pesky internet connection.  This time, the halibut basked in a creamy chowder surrounded by celery, potatoes, stewed tomatoes, onions, and garlic.  As pictured, we used crusty homemade french bread to soak up some of the savory liquid.    It was swimmingly delicious.  We shared a portion of this with a neighbor and received a side of dungeness crab (we think) as an after dinner compliment to a five star meal.
Crab.  This is what was implied in the title of the post, a little taste.

1 comment: