Thursday, June 14, 2012

Not Battle Mountain & Runway Hike

Just checking in.  All is well out here.  Nate is currently on a boat and road construction is continuing for me.  Working has actually been pretty pleasant.  I worked with the same people last year and it is nice to catch up again.  Yesterday, my day was spent lounging around and watching mindless television.  Today was supposed to be a workday but instead was a surprise day off.  Enjoy the photos from the "trails".

Skinny Butt or Battle Mountain hike.  Not sure of the name, but we didn't make it to the top today.

Small beach located near the end of the runway.

Dead headless sea lion.  Initially, I scrunched my nose and thought, "sewer water" as I approached the mouth of the stream, that fed into the ocean.  To get an idea of the size of this animal, take a look at the pallet located in the upper right of the photo.  Sure it was bloated a tad, but was pretty stately regardless.

A very posed me.  Since my photographers had the day off, I resorted to doing the job myself.

The boat named Just in Case buzzing by the runway.  For an aerial of the runway, refer to the Sunday, August 7, 2011, Back Trails Hike post.

View taken adjacent to the runway.  Shortly after this a very angry raven started making a ruckus towards me.  As I got closer to the the trail leading back to the car, the angry creature took flight and circled uncomfortably low above me.  I tell ya' these stinking birds.  I've been swooped and screeched at by 4 different kinds since school has been out. 

Sign across from airport parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment