Sunday, June 17, 2012

11:00 PM Paving Wrap Up

The drive around the school was paved today.  Up until about 20 minutes ago, the last touches were made to the asphalt.  So I strolled next door and documented the last few stages of the event.  Notice the lighting.  The pictures were taken from 11:00 - 11:30 p.m.

View from the shop at the school. 

Brand new asphalt.
Looking out from elementary wing door.  The loop road in the midground will be paved starting tomorrow.

11:31 p.m. view from our apartment.  Late sunsets make it difficult to wind down and go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. During the summer solstice, I made a comment about it to two people and got two very different responses.

      "Today is the saddest day of the year, after this, the days just keep getting shorter." one person lamented.

      The second response was, "Yeah, it'll be nice to finally get the nights back."

      I personally love the long days. As they get shorter, I am hit with a sinking feeling... Especially in October.

      Delete