Sunday, February 17, 2013

Trucking through February

The weather has been gross.  Despite this, there was a slight break, so Luke and I went hiking and got out.  The snow was deep and at first it was snowing but then started raining.  It was a good out and really pleasant as our gear was insulated and waterproof. 

We downloaded this cool app on our iPhones that uses GPS to record hikes.  As of now, nobody has recorded ANY hikes here (well, maybe on blogs--but tough to find).  So now, when we go, we turn it on then add pictures as we go.  It would have been nice to have access to something like that when I first got here.  Not many people go hiking so nobody can really tell you where the hikes are, but there are popular hikes that some do know about.  Plus, Luke and I are sort of tech nerds so this is right up our alley. tech + exercise Luke says is mind blowing for him.

While trapped indoors, we have been doing A LOT of cooking and baking.  Luke cooks like a chef, seriously.  He even plates things up so they look amazing.  I told him that he is putting me on the road to over-besity (obesity but with the over part implies that it is health harming).  At first I was pretty good with portion sizes but the food is just so darn good that one just throws caution to the wind.  I don't want to gain the weight back, but I feel confident that with our hikes and a box of my bigger clothes that it will all work out.

We plan on going to church today.  It will be a first for me here, but I hear the pastor is super.  Apparently the man has fished here in the past and currently is our bus driver.  He seems like one heck of a nice dude.  We plan on going for a hike afterwards, so hopefully God can overlook vented hiking attire that may show long johns in his house and know that our hearts are in the right place.

Enjoy the photos from our outs & ins.  
Fish pie.  Pie crust with veggies, rice, mushroom soup base, salmon.

Cool waterfall on the way to Red Cove Beach.

Potentially treacherous jump.  I was atop the waterfall taking pictures of the other side of the waterfall. 

Taking a victory sip of Pinot Grigio on top.  I looked at the side and saw that hiking was listed first on the box.  In my head I was like, how tacky, who brings a box wine hiking, oh yeah, I am doing just that.  We only took a couple of sips and then used the rest for cooking later in the evening.

Luke jumping stream number two on the way to Salmon Ranch.

Homemade ravioli filled with shrimp, ricotta, and other goodies.  Steak patiently waits in the background.  He also did up some scampi...  So yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment