Friday, December 21, 2012

Newbie/1st Semester End

When he came here, there were comments about him being inexperienced.  They also said he was youngOne can never be too sure they said.  That same young man blew everyone out of the water at the Christmas concert Thursday night.  Have you ever attended something and felt that strong sense of pride and belonging?  Damn, I'm glad that I'm part of this... It went something like that.

Brand new music teacher, came in two weeks after school had started and has since been dominating.  I haven't had a doubt since hearing word of a newbie coming to town.  It seems to be like that a lot.  Doubt.

There is something to be said about being youthful.  Inexperience isn't always a bad thing.  Not all of us are able to simply wipe the baggage that we have acquired working in various environments through the years.

Not saying that with age doesn't come wisdom, but I'm throwing a salute to those that are young and new out there.  Keep it up, we notice.

Enjoy some photos from ornament making & the Christmas concert.  Happy Solstice!!!

Family & friends, I'll be seeing you shortly.  Are you ready? It really set in today and I am so ready!


Pine cone skier ornament.  So fun to make with the kids.  It is always neat to see what they come up with.

Variations of skiers, the two in the background have on coats.  The blue one in the mid-ground has gloves that match his jacket.  What a fun job that I have being able to do this kind of stuff with kids.
First and second grade angels at Thursday's Christmas concert awaiting their turn to sing.  So cute!  I had glitter all over me from those darn costumes, not to mention little feathers in my eyelashes and mouth, how that happens, I don't know.  Unrelated to the picture, but about consuming non-edibles...  At the Christmas party today, I was eating a delicious cookie and when I went to lick the frosting or what I thought was frosting off my finger--turned out to be acrylic paint. *sigh*

Me sitting next to one of my students in the front of the gym.  It was easier to manage the kids closer to them.  I was offered a chair by another and without thinking, I said, "oh, no worries, I just cleaned up vomit, I feel better being closer, just in case, but thank you for your consideration."

No comments:

Post a Comment