Sunday, November 25, 2012

Soon to be Divorcee, For Shame!

It has been a holiday to remember.  Remember when we were rear ended in Great Falls by the reverend, pre-Thanksgiving Freddy?  Jeez, when was that?  A moment of chaos as everything had been projected to the front of the vehicle.  The pompous cop.

This time around was without incident, but marked a significant life change.  I moved out.  Initially, I debated on whether or not to blog about something so personal, so close.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized that life happens and it is perfectly acceptable to put things out there.  This summer in fact, my family really shined when I needed them most.  You see, for a long time, I filtered things for so long, to protect my family's perception.

It took colossal courage for my spouse to come forward and state the obvious.  We just weren't a good fit and it was slowly eating away at our souls.  Has it been easy?  Not at all, but most things worth working at or fighting through just aren't.

The recent search for a new dwelling went pretty well.  For being on an island, there were surprisingly a lot of options.  Plus, pair that with the support of sympathetic friends, it was pretty healing too. 

Though all of this has been such a huge change of plans, it has really been whimsical.  Since October, my days have been laced with chaperone travel, house sitting, and some serious surrounding-taking in hikes.  All of this with a companion.  Thank you lucky stars for lining up and blessing me with good company and the luxury of having a dog by my side through the rough of it.

Enjoy the photos.

Why am I vacuuming on Thanksgiving?  Ask Scout how she snuck in a chunk of wood and decorated the living room with it.

Thanksgiving at my vacation home. 

Hedonism.  My new word lately.

Sauna.  I have been house sitting and only yesterday found that behind a door was this!  What?!!!
Salmon Ranch rock wall ice formation.  Sharing the moment with my friend Scout.

Wave dodging.  Just stand still so I can get a sweet shot.  Don't let the soothing sound of the waves lull you into wet feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment