Hello family, I apologize for the shoddy posting as of late. Life has taken a delightful turn for me and I have been having a lot of wonderful experiences. I am unsure where to start, so I'll just speak briefly of what I have been up to.
A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to be a chaperone for a trip to Wasilla, AK, followed by a couple of days in Anchorage. At first I was a little hesitant to leave my students, but as it turned out, it only took up two school days, so win and
gigantic win. I went and was just in love with that place. The people were really charming and the scenery was just divine.
Hiking. The weather has been really great as well lately, so I have been hitting the hills with friends. I have witnessed a lot of things that I would not have found on my own thanks to some new found friends. If you are curious, check my facebook page as there are a few pics that I have been tagged in. Those of you closest to me know that my presence on there is quite anemic, so high fives to my friends that have been thoughtful enough to include me in "tagged photos".
House sitting. I tried my hand at house sitting last week too. At first, I was a tad hesitant Yuck, what does one do when the power goes out, and it does A LOT here.
Am I going to destroy their complicated heating system? was all I could think. Then there was a dog to look after,
yes, I will watch your house and mother your dog, does she like to cuddle? Okay, I'm in.
Then, just on Saturday night, I was asked to go on an overnight volleyball trip to King Cove, AK. It was also fantazzle. We took a small six seater plane that was only a 25 min trip over some islands, to a small town on the Alaskan Peninsula. The girls were great and they were bombarded with my picture taking.
In my defense, I warned them prior to getting on the plane.
Enjoy the photos. What a delightful whirlwind it has been. (I have so much more to post and say but will just put this one out there now)
 |
| One of the hikes up Skinny Butt on the island |
 |
| Plane ride out of the island. Was surprising to see such a clear sky decorated with a nice moon. |
 |
| Dog sled decorated in Halloween garb. Upon arriving in Wasilla, we made a stop to Taco Bell and McDonalds. The decorations at this McD's were really impressive. Plus a skeleton manning a dogless sled, how cool right? |
 |
| This was the view from the place that I house sat. When I threw the trash away in the morning I could hear the waves crashing against the shore. I was like, really? This is amazing. |
 |
| Small plane that we took to King Cove. It was a smooth ride with spectacular views. |
 |
| So awesome. In the plane on the way back to the island. |
 |
| Pavlof if I am not mistaken. |
No comments:
Post a Comment