Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Potter's Marsh, Anchorage

In general, I try to blog about Alaska happenings.  Though I am visiting family at the moment, I came across something that stood out on the Anchorage Daily News website that was blog worthy.  Potter's Marsh.

While visiting the big city, a friend/Anchorage native took me around and acquainted me with his stomping grounds.  One of the stops on the tour was Potter's Marsh.  He mentioned that it was a big deal to bird enthusiasts and photographers.  While there we spotted wedding pictures in the making, photographers with very large lenses capturing birds, and even what seemed to be an informative video being filmed.  Despite the activity, Potter's Marsh was very tranquil.

Click on the website link below to see some photos from professional photographers here.  The link will take you to the Anchorage Daily News, Birds of Summer 2012, slideshow.
http://www.adn.com/2012/07/09/2536748/birds-of-summer-2012.html

Check out photos from my brief encounter below.
A glimpse of the sign before exiting the parking lot.  I figured that without it I would likely forget the name of the place, so I snapped a quick picture before leaving.

Boardwalk throughout the marsh. 

Views from boardwalk

View looking through fence.

Marshland.  It was so peaceful walking through this place.  It felt a balmy 65 degrees to me--considering I left the cool island the previous day.

Another view of the wildlife refuge.

From the boardwalk looking towards the Seward Highway.


No comments:

Post a Comment