It will be year three out here teaching for us and honestly, there is no telling where things will go from here. A lot of things happened over the summer including one that marked a death of a way of life, so to speak. I can't help but be reminded of that one song I heard in the background most mornings with breakfast during my childhood. The smell of coffee danced in the air while an AM radio station had buzzed in the background. "I'm only human, I'm just a woman... One day at a time..." Any time I hear someone use the phrase one day at a time, that image pops into my head. It is crazy how the brain remembers things and makes permanent associations...
On a happier note, last night we had company over and I made shrimp etouffee. The dish is has Creole roots and was inspired by a restaurant choice that I never took the opportunity to eat while in Montana. I asked Nate to download some zydeco music and had that in the background while we supped on Louisiana style food. It was pretty great. Then today, we took out the dough that I mixed up the day prior and fried up some beignets. There will be more theme dinners in the future. Not sure what place will be the inspiration next dinner.
By the way family and friends, call or text anytime. Nate and I entered the 21st century and upgraded from one basic phone to two iPhones.
| Shrimp Etoufee |
| Beignets. Some day I hope to get down to the Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans to see what the real deal tastes like. For now, these doughnut goodies turned out in the most spectacular way. |
No comments:
Post a Comment