Friday, March 23, 2012

Starting to get warmer?

Hard to believe that there are less than ten weeks of school.  As of late, we are getting questioned left and right, what are you doing this summer?  The first few times I was asked, I vacantly answered, probably home, probably some training, Nate is going fishing, so I'm on my own this time.  What the heck are are we (am I) going to do?

Time to get things inventoried and make requests for needed classroom items.  Thankfully, I have been keeping a list this time around.  Anytime an idea comes up and materials can't be scrounged, the first thought the comes to mind is, once I get into town, I'm going to storm thrift & discount stores.  Yet things happen differently in real life.  Once the store threshold is crossed all is forgotten.  

Also,with the ending of the year, comes some open job positions.  As it sounds there is a lot of interest for here.  I am curious to see who'll be in our halls next fall.

Again, I apologize for the lack of posting.  Things are starting to speed up so, more will come.  Plus, there has been a break in the weather and the sky doesn't get dark until after 9:00 p.m.  Things are starting to look up.  The photos below were taken this evening around 8:20 p.m.    

Russian Orthodox Church.  The sun had just ducked behind the clouds giving the picture a sense of winter solitude. The water between is the river that flows from the reservoir to the ocean.

America perched on crab pot down by Spit Beach.  I got this shot from my vehicle with a big honkin' lens.  The location is pretty neat, there is a small beach that really only exists at low tide, and is next to the end of the airport runway. 
End of runway.  There are around 8 eagles hanging out here.  Not the best shot, but the sunlight was so refreshing, I had to take it.  Notice the white iced water line, low tide was about 40 minutes out from the time that this was taken.  The land mass in the background is Unga Island, it is much larger than ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment