Hello faithful followers. I apologize about my non-posting of the happenings in my part of the world. Life as of late has been racing from one deadline to another, trying to make sure all boxes are checked. Sometimes I am using post-it notes, other times, a reminder on my fancy iphone. And that friends and family, has been my life in a nutshell.
My recent name change has led to a lot of my new busywork in the past couple of months. Name change, no biggie, but out here on the island, the process has been a tad slow. A lot of establishments have websites with forms that can be faxed or even e-mailed. Others need certified documents, letters from various banks, departments and such that add to the slow pace of the mailing-back-and-forth, a long process. I'm getting there and feel happy to say that I have updated my last name change with the University of Fairbanks. Whew, I think I'm done.
Other than the mundane, school has been flying by. I have had a lot of opportunities to get my students familiar with technology, more specifically, iPads and the sweet programs on them. Recently we made lost pet posters and the kids learned how to use the features within the program. Then this week, the kids noticed flyers around the school about clubs and on their own created their own "club" flyers. "Ms. S, can I use Pages(I pad--document creator), to make a poster for a Pokemon Club?" The cool stuff that these little guys are able to do with some initial guidance... Makes this job so worth it.
Another, big today is that I turned in my letter of resignation. I have fulfilled my contract for year number three and have chosen not to begin a fourth year here. Alas, my time here on the island has ran its course and I'm moving north. I intend to first look in Alaska and then from there, the midwest.
Where things go from here, time will tell. My main focus right now is the completion of a couple of great college classes that I have been doing in my spare time, a digital technology class for teachers and a rock and mineral course--both of which have been fascinating.
Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment