Monday, May 21, 2012

Beach Day

The island woke up to a sunny windless day.  It was the first in a long time.  The school jumped on it and we did our beach day.  Enjoy the experience through the pictures below.  Two more days left.

Rock covered in seaweed.  As we walked by, one of the kids said, "It's so cool, the whole thing looks alive."  In real life this rock was much more interesting.

Tiny Dead crab. 

A baby king crab perhaps?

The kids were catching these small creatures in tide pools.  They were either krill or shrimp.

I scanned the sea and saw some students waist deep in it.  As the camera focused, I heard a loud holler followed by, "Man this is really COLD!"  Despite the cool temperature, the kids continued to walk in it barefoot, one even swam in it.  In their defense, it felt hot on that beach too, though I refused to put any body part into the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment