Where do eagles build their nests when there aren't any trees? On high points. In the past I have squinted to see them from cliff edges, but today saw one up close. Enjoy the pictures. The images are overexposed. I was taking pictures of food in a light box last night when I neglected to reset the camera to auto. I only realized this
after I had backed away from the nest.
 |
| The mound in the center of the photo is the eagles' nest. |
 |
| The nest up close with a blurry city in the background. |
 |
| The nest up closer. The eggs were down in a hole protected from the wind. |
 |
| Eagle eggs. They were bigger than chicken eggs. As much as I'd like to give a vivid description, we did not dawdle while taking the photo, get in and get out was the objective. Note: the eggs were unharmed, we grabbed some shots, almost fell over in the fierce winds, and headed back down the trail. My friend got a better picture of the eggs as her camera was not on the incorrect setting. I'll insert it later if I can get a copy. |
 |
| A 12" pizza-sized cookie and milk. What does this have to do with eagles? Nothing, EXCEPT, that due to my food picture taking infatuation, I did not change the settings back on my camera to "auto". Lesson learned, check the camera settings before using. Since I'm on the topic of cookies, and giant ones at that, you may wonder what inspired this? Well, I wanted to test it out as a potential bake sale item and truthfully, I made it so I could take a picture of it. There it's out there. |
No comments:
Post a Comment