Tuesday, February 7, 2012

School canceled

On my walk back from the school after working out last night, I noticed that my boot tracks had filled in.  The snow continued on through the night and into today.  School was canceled.  Staff members that were unable to leave their dwellings stayed home.  The rest of us met for a brief in-service and stayed until one to avoid having to repeat the school day at a later date. 

For a good part of the morning, a colleague and I walked around blissfully taking photos, documenting the depth of the snow.  Then, at lunchtime, six of us jammed into a vehicle and went to the Harbor Cafe.  The restaurant closed for the winter and just opened up today.  I was able to get some great shots.  I am still getting the hang of my new camera, so some of the shots are a little blurry.

The amount of snow is hard to tell from the photos below, but I just picked a few of the neater ones.
Eagle on antennas of boat.  Testing out the new lens.  I walked down the harbor where the boats are docked and got a nice shot of America.  He was making an unpleasant screech, but allowed me to get a picture from below. 

View from the Harbor Cafe.  A lot of people were out shoveling snow off of their boats.  One guy I stopped and talked to said that this weather is not normal for here.  "If it ever snows, we get rain that clears it right up." he mentioned.

Buried school bus.  I took this picture mid morning around 10:30 a.m.   

No comments:

Post a Comment