Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mt. Pavlof Erupts

Mt. Pavlof started erupting sometime last night around 11:30 p.m.  When we woke up, Facebook was littered with pictures of it, but during the daylight hours, it was too difficult to see anything but a hint of smoke.  I was crushed.  

After going to bed around 10:00 p.m., hoping to wake up during the night and capture a glimpse of the lava coming out, we got it.  Cool huh?  I  have never been happier waking up to answer nature's call.

3 days of school left.  More updates later.  Back to bed for me.  Totally lucked out waking up when I did.  It is too dark to get anything now.  The lava is so cool to watch.  It just shoots up, stays bright for a long time, then slowly fades.  So cool to have a front row seat in my living room and back porch.

For more info, check out this link:
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20130513/alaska-peninsula-another-volcano-awakens

Mt. Pavlof Erupts

Mt. Pavlof Erupts with other apartment building in view on right.

No comments:

Post a Comment