Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bison Spotting!

Check out the pictures from our hike of the ridge yesterday.   

Solo bison spotting
Location of the next buffalo sighting. (taken by friend)

Same group of buffalo taken with a different camera and bigger lens.

Bison meandering up a trail.  As soon as they heard us, they hightailed it out of there.  It may not seem that far, but I used a big lens to get this.

Making our way up the trail.  We were seven strong until a couple of four-wheeling colleagues joined us for a bit. (taken by friend)

When the sun hits the water just right it is so pretty.  Don't be deceived, it was a violently windy day.  Upon deciding to turn around instead of go on, the snow started to fall.  The wind paired with icy snow hitting the eyeballs was not pleasant.  I can hardly believe that lasik eye surgery is painless after being subjected to mother nature's huffy puffiness. 

Soaking up as much sun as possible in the bitter wind. (taken by friend)

Doggy gets attacked by bird.  I had to laugh, but not because it was funny...  It was a mutual understanding of not knowing that one is in danger, only to find an angry bird swooping.

I stayed close to people in the bird attack area.  I don't know if I emanate a scent that infuriates birds, but I didn't want to chance it.  There were four incidents this summer that won't leave the memory anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment